- Due to an increased amount of spam, new users must request an account, confirm their email address and be approved before creating or editing pages.
From The Literary Underground Wiki
|Birth Date April 12, 1955|
|Birthplace Bronx, New York|
|Occupation Practicing Poet, Business Owner|
|Influences Carl Sandburg|
David Blaine (b. 12 APR 1955) is an American author and poet. His poetry, prose, reviews, essays and interviews have been published in many periodicals, online and in print. Blaine was a founding member of the Outsider Writers Collective and Press.
Blaine was born in Bronx, NY. He moved to Michigan with his parents when he was three and currently lives near Deckerville, Michigan with his wife, Judy. Together they operate a hardware store and laundromat. Most of Blaine's education has come from ongoing adult and professional education classes as well as self directed study. He also took classes from Indiana University and Delta College, and received an associate degree from St. Clair County Community College, Port Huron, Michigan in 1989.
In 2007, Blaine joined the group, Outsider Writers. The current incarnation of the group, now called the Outsider Writers Collective and Press, was founded by a group of outsider writers that included Blaine along with Pat King, Aleathia Drehmer, Caleb J. Ross, Tim Hall, Lynn Alexander and Victor Schwartzman.
- A Fine Feathered Faith (2005)
- The View From Here (2006)
- Antisocial (Outsider Writers Press, 2009)
- Heart Pour (Poet Plant Press, 2010)
- Instant Pussy Disco (Ebullience Press, 2009)
- Arsenic Lobster 2007 Anthology (Arsenic Lobster/Misty Publications, 2007)
- Just Bite Me (PoetWorks Press, 2007)
- Passing (PoetWorks Press, 2006)
- Vitamin Water, The Red Fez (2011)
Select Works Online
- Outsiders: A Naked Opinion by David Blaine, Outsider Writers Collective and Press (July 2009)
- Self-Interview by David Blaine, The (Jan 2010)
- Driving home through the rain after the bars closed..., Gutter Eloquence (Issue #1, January 2009)
- Three Poems by David Blaine, Persona Nihl Dialogues Blank Verse Dead (2011)
- "REVIEW: Antisocial by David Blaine (reviewed by Emily Peterson Crespo)", JWMM (22 Nov. 2010)
- "Prestidigitatious Verse: Enjoying the Trip of David Blaine’s ANTISOCIAL" (review by Marc Beaudin), CrowVoice (12 Sept. 2009)
- "ANTISOCIAL by David Blaine (reviewed by David Oprava)", Grevious Jones Review (3 Sept. 2009)
- "Required Reading #1" (Antisocial reviewed by Mel Bosworth), Eye Brains (29 Aug. 2009)
- Antisocial by David Blaine, Reviewed by Constance Stadler, Zygote in my Coffee (Issue #124, Aug 2009)
- "Constance Stadler reviews David Blaine's Antisocial", Calliope Nerve (28 July 2009)
- "David Blaine's The View From Here by David McLean (Book Review)", Clockwise Cat (28 June 2009)
- "Being Antisocial: Pat King Interviews David Blaine", Outsider Writers Collective and Press (Sep 2009)
- "Calliope Nerve Interview Series: David Blaine", Interview by Nobius Black, Calliope Nerve (10 Aug 2009)
- "Reader Meet Author:David Blaine", Interview by Jason Behrends, What to Wear During an Orange Alert (March 2008)