- Due to an increased amount of spam, new users must request an account, confirm their email address and be approved before creating or editing pages.
From The Literary Underground Wiki
Ann Menebroker (b. 30 March 1936) is an American poet. She is recognized as one of the leading women writers of the no apologies offered and none needed male dominated "Meat Poets". Menebroker has been a poet since the late 1950s. She is the author of over twenty poetry collections (in addition to broadsides) and her work has appeared in dozens of anthologies, including The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry. She also appeared in the documentary, "I Began To Speak", produced by former Sacramento State graduate students B.L. Kennedy and Linda Thorell.
Menebroker was born in Washington, D.C. and spent her childhood in Arlington, Virginia. Menebroker has lived in Sacramento, California since the early 1950s.
Menebroker is one of the featured poets in Poets on Deck, a deck of playing cards that celebrates the evolution of the Sacramento poetry scene. She published Impulse for seven years off her IBM Selectric.
- Sunscreen in the Fog, Bottle of Smoke Press (2010)
- "Series 4", The Broadsider, Volume 1 Series 9 (Poor Souls Press 2009) ISSN 21532702
- Small Crimes, Rattlesnake Press (2008)
- Charles Manson Interview, Authors: Ann Menebroker, Anne Waldman, Linda King, Rebecca Morrison, Elaine Madsen, 12 Gauge Press (November 2005) ISBN 9780971845886
- Six-Pack 1-5, Authors: D.A. Levy, T.L. Kryss, Charles Plymell, Ann Menebroker, Gerald Locklin, and A.D. Winans; Bottle of Smoke Press (2005)
- tiny teeth: The Wormwood Review Poems, R.L. Crow Publications (November 2004), ISBN 0972295828
- Roxy, Authors: Todd Cirillo, W.S. Gainer, Will Staple; Introduction by: Ann Menebroker. R.L. Crow Publications, 2003) ISBN 0972295801
- Walking the Dog: Selected Poems 1959-1989, Eclectic Press (2003)
- Trying for the Ten Ring, Mt. Aukum Press (2000)
- Surviving Bukowski: The Relationship Between Ann Menebroker and Charles Bukowski, Roger W. Langton, Ed., Red Cedar Press (1998) ASIN B001CXLLSE
- To Get It Right, Alantansi Press (1997)
- Mailbox Boogie: A Dialogue Through the Mails, Authors: Ann Menebroker and Kell Robertson. Zerx Press (January 1, 1991) ASIN B001NDTJ1O
- Routines That Will Kill You, Bogg Publications (1990)
- On the Edge, Road/House Publication (1986)
- Biting Through the Spine: Poems, Sacramento Poetry Exchange (1985)
- This Is Important, F. A., Editor; Authors: Ron Kolm, Paul Mariah, Tom Clark, Ann Menebroker, and NETTELBECK. Important Poetry Press (January 1, 1984) ASIN B003IML8YO
- Landing Signals, Authors: Ben L. Hiatt, Patrick Grizzell, Quinton Duval, C.B. Davis, Tom Crawford, Julia Connor, Olivia Castellano, Raymond Carver, Luke Breit, Jane Blue, William Everson, D. R. Wagner, C.K. Dobbs, Douglas Blazek, Victoria Dalkey, Kathryn Hohlwein, Bill Hotchkiss, Sevrin Housen, William Howarth, T.R. Jahns, Harold Leland Johnson, Susan Kelly-Dewitt, B.L. Kennedy, Kathleen Lynch, Mary Mackey, Jim Maloney, Ann Menebroker, Jose Montoya, Mary Moore, Jim Normington, Joyce Odam, Eugene Redmond, Tom Schmidt, Dennis Schmitz, Don Schofield, Gary Short, Ronald Tanaka, Sandra Kay Taylor; Trill Press/Sacramento Poetry Center; First edition. (October 26, 1985) ISBN 0914485091
- Six Poets, Authors: John Thomas, Ann Menebroker, Ronald Koertge, Lyn Lifshin, Al Masarik, and Gerda Penfold, Illustrated by Charles Bukowski, Vagabond Press (1979)
- "Series 4", Stoogism Anthology, Scarecrow Books (1977)
- Tiny Teeth reviewed by A.D. Winans, Thunder Sandwich
- Review of tiny teeth:the Wormwood Review poems, by Ann Menebroker, Reviewed by Carol Frith, Poetry Now (March 2005)
- Reviews and Excerpt from Walking the Dog:Selected Poems
- "Charles Bukowski letter to Ann Menebroker sells for $1,500" Reading Copy Book Blog: A book blog from the staff at AbeBooks (2009)